I save but orders remain red. Why?

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Cheddarific

I save but orders remain red. Why?

#1 Post by Cheddarific » Tue May 07, 2019 3:02 am

I’m coordinating a supported attack. For some reason, my move and the attack are in red after I click save. I’ve confirmed that the orders are correct twice. I don’t understand what could be causing the red. All my other moves go grey instead of red. Any thoughts on what might be happening?

In case it’s useful, it is a fleet at sea supporting an army to attack a mutually neighboring country. I have it set to move via land.

Help!

Percy Williams

Re: I save but orders remain red. Why?

#2 Post by Percy Williams » Tue May 07, 2019 3:10 am

Perhaps internet connection is weak, and your orders haven't saved?

Magnetic24

#3 Post by Magnetic24 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:24 am

It's due to the fact that you have already put in the same moves while changing some others. Don't worry; if you refresh the same moves should be in.

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

#4 Post by jmo1121109 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:39 am

Cheddarific wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:02 am
I’m coordinating a supported attack. For some reason, my move and the attack are in red after I click save. I’ve confirmed that the orders are correct twice. I don’t understand what could be causing the red. All my other moves go grey instead of red. Any thoughts on what might be happening?

In case it’s useful, it is a fleet at sea supporting an army to attack a mutually neighboring country. I have it set to move via land.

Help!
I just took a look, your moves are entered correctly.

-WebDip Dev

BananaFang

#5 Post by BananaFang » Tue May 07, 2019 12:43 pm

This has been present for a long time and it is a little annoying. It happens when:
- Unit has an order set (Paris move Burgundy) and saved.
- You think... "hmmm maybe I should move it to Gas instead" so you change it to "Paris move to Gascony" but you *don't* hit save.
- You change your mind back to "Paris move to Burgundy"
- Hit save
- It stays red

Foxcastle

#6 Post by Foxcastle » Tue May 07, 2019 4:35 pm

It also happens occasionally when you order a unit to hold. (And then ends up causing the "are you sure you want to navigate away from this page" dialogue box when you hit refresh...) But I'm having trouble reproducing that just at the moment...