Sloooow front page updates

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Sloooow front page updates

#1 Post by peterlund » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:58 pm

I keep updating the front page as this is the only global presentation of the last events on the forum.

BUT WHY are the updates of the front page forum presentation so extremely slow? I find this quite irritating!

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Sloooow front page updates

#2 Post by peterlund » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:01 pm

And another somewhat irritating thing I found is that quotes are presented on the front page summary instead of the text that the last poster actually added him-/herself to the thread. Please, remove the quoted text and empty lines from the summary presentation on the first page.

kestasjk
Developer
Developer

Re: Sloooow front page updates

#3 Post by kestasjk » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:22 pm

Fair enough about removing quotes; although I will say this is technically more difficult than you might think. (At least to do it securely without any XSS/SQL issues)

Slow front page updates? Do you mean that the front page only updates every 10-15 mins? This is by design to keep server load down; I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem. After all if you want to keep an eye on what's happening in the forum there are pages within the forum dedicated to showing the latest activity.