RR and it’s actual effects

Members can make suggestions for improving the site and improving the forum as well as submit bug reports to be reviewed by our support team here.
ssorenn
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

RR and it’s actual effects

#1 Post by ssorenn » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:29 pm

While i like the concept of RR, I’m not sure that it does all it intends to do. What i mean by that, is that it seems to me that RR can be gotten around (not on purpose mind you)by newer players who tend to NMR and CD. I’ve noticed this recently in games that have high RR requirements and still a lot of NMRs.

If there a way, to group RR with a specific amount of games played on site. I feel that the more time on site, people start to figure out the NMRing is not they way to get into quality games

Asking for a friend :)

Deeply_Dippy

Re: RR and it’s actual effects

#2 Post by Deeply_Dippy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:10 pm

Other sites use rankings to denote experience - for us it's DipPoints.

Setting up a game just by differentiating RR is naïve- for just the reasons that ssorenn says.

So to create the 'quality game' that ssorenn demands means setting both a high points tariff AND a high RR threshold.

Of course, RR will deteriorate over time as it is impossible to maintain a perfect score indefinitely and there is currently no incentive to create high-stakes games - except for the occasional exhibition match.

The solution is possibly not to do away with either RR or DipPoints but - as I've suggested before - to automatically make the stake for a game equal to 10% of the creator's available DipPoints (with a minimum stake of 5 points and perhaps maximum of 200-500).

That way, we can still encourage good RR as well as creating a market for higher stake games.

ssorenn
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3 Post by ssorenn » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:27 pm

"Other sites use rankings to denote experience - for us it's DipPoints. "

not sure this is correct

Doug7878
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4 Post by Doug7878 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:26 am

What if RR% for all players were calculated with a fixed number of NMRs added to everyone's calculation (but not added to their profile).

For instance, if 5 NMRs were added in the calculation of all players RR%, a fairly new player with no NMRs or CDs would be able to get up to 90% RR rating after 50 phases played (or something along these lines - I'm not sure how RR% works exactly)

yavuzovic

#5 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:19 pm

My vDip account is suffering from game-restriction, I can join only one game at the same time. And I can't bring my RR to normal levels again. I need to play a lot but vDip's colours aren't as attractive as webDip's white colours. 😄

Is there a game-restriction effect on this site?

yavuzovic

#6 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:20 pm

Game restrictions blocks you to join new games if your RR is too low.

ssorenn
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7 Post by ssorenn » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:24 pm

i think alot of people who are new to gaming on the internet, dont realize what it does to games when they NMR or CD.I did not when i first started. Life does happen. but to group RR with say a minimum amount of games played will help start to cure some issues IMO.
the amount of games should be up to the game creator.

I.E. 90% RR and Min 35 games on site
or 80% RR 20 games on site

and so on

CommanderByron
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

#8 Post by CommanderByron » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:10 pm

Or. List a player as “Unrated” until they complete X turns. Then give their RR. Yea that means they can’t join RR games but they can still create their own and join games without RR blocks.

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

#9 Post by jmo1121109 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:47 am

yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:19 pm
My vDip account is suffering from game-restriction, I can join only one game at the same time. And I can't bring my RR to normal levels again. I need to play a lot but vDip's colours aren't as attractive as webDip's white colours. 😄

Is there a game-restriction effect on this site?
No

You can change the color settings in settings on vDip to be webdip colors

You can email the mods there (I'm one) and ask for the restriction to be lifted.

ssorenn
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#10 Post by ssorenn » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:57 am

CommanderByron wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:10 pm
Or. List a player as “Unrated” until they complete X turns. Then give their RR. Yea that means they can’t join RR games but they can still create their own and join games without RR blocks.
That is saying the same thing in my mind. But yes please

ssorenn
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#11 Post by ssorenn » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:33 am

RR should start at 0 till X number of games finished and then the average RR of X games is your starting RR