Quick question....

Members can make suggestions for improving the site and improving the forum as well as submit bug reports to be reviewed by our support team here.
Transformer

Quick question....

#1 Post by Transformer » Thu May 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Is it not possible to CUT supports in 1V1 matches? The last several games I have played there have been multiple moves that should have been cut, but they always go through?

RoganJosh
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

Re: Quick question....

#2 Post by RoganJosh » Thu May 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Is it possible to cut support in all matches.

Could you perhaps link to one of your games where it didn't work?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu May 17, 2018 2:32 pm

You can cut supports still. The mechanics of the game are exactly the same as normal.

Maybe either post here, or privately PM me a situation where you think that supports should have been cut and we can look and explain what actually happened and clear up the confusion.

Claesar

#4 Post by Claesar » Thu May 17, 2018 2:52 pm

Supports can be cut, except when the cutting army originates in the province that was attacked.

For instance, if army Berlin is being supported to Munich by an army in Kiel, you cannot cut that support by moving your Munich army to Kiel. You can however cut it by moving an army in Ruhr to Kiel.

Transformer

#5 Post by Transformer » Thu May 17, 2018 3:09 pm

"if army Berlin is being supported to Munich by an army in Kiel, you cannot cut that support by moving your Munich army to Kiel. You can however cut it by moving an army in Ruhr to Kiel."

I guess this is the example of what has me concerned...
To me, this is contradictory...i don't see how that would not cut the support.

Transformer

#6 Post by Transformer » Thu May 17, 2018 4:26 pm

To me, if I move Army Munich into Kiel, that is even powers and we bounce back. Then Army Berlin would move to Munich with even powers and bounce back as well.....

RoganJosh
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

#7 Post by RoganJosh » Thu May 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Well, these are the rules so you'd better accept it... Think of it as Berlin and Kiel coordinating their attack on Munich, so they are 2 against 1.

Claesar

#8 Post by Claesar » Thu May 17, 2018 5:47 pm

RoganJosh is correct. Kiel moves to the border with Munich and supports the attack with artillery fire or ferverous cheering. They can still do this if Munich attacks them, as it's the same target.
However, if Ruhr attacks them they're forced to defend the city and cannot help Berlin invade Munich.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#9 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu May 17, 2018 6:08 pm

Transformer wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:26 pm
To me, if I move Army Munich into Kiel, that is even powers and we bounce back. Then Army Berlin would move to Munich with even powers and bounce back as well.....
Its not really even powers since its Berlin and Kiel vs Munich.

Think of it this way - You have an army in Munich. Berlin moves into Munich so you are forced to defend. You can't cut support from Kiel because Munich is occupied defending against Berlin already.

In your explanation of how you are thinking about it, you are making moves sequential rather than simultaneous. Saying "we should bounce back from Kiel and then Berlin would move to Munich and bounce as well." This is like saying your unit in Munich gets two actions. Action A versus Kiel, and then Action B versus Berlin. But all moves are simultaneous, so this does not work.