vDip has a handy feature...

Members can make suggestions for improving the site and improving the forum as well as submit bug reports to be reviewed by our support team here.
Mercy

vDip has a handy feature...

#1 Post by Mercy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:29 am

When I log off in vDiplomacy and look at the minimap of the game I am playing, below it I see the following text: ''Tip: Failed orders are usually only displayed on the largemap'', with a link to the largemap behind it.

Picture: http://i64.tinypic.com/33agtvq.png

Apparently, newer players on vDiplomacy see this text to notify them that not all orders are visible on the small map. I think this is very useful, as this is something very few players automatically figure out without this feature. Most players on WebDip learn about this fact after they notice that some of their own orders are missing, or when an experienced ally replies to their question of why the hell they didn't get the support they were promised. Before someone learns this, such a player could already have missed to notice several support moves, under which in gunboat where this is really important.

I hope this feature is relatively easy to implement. If it is, I hope to see it on WebDiplomacy, too.

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

Re: vDip has a handy feature...

#2 Post by jmo1121109 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:22 pm

Yeah I was aware Oli more recently implemented that. It's something worth considering adding here.