Automated message for missed phases

Members can make suggestions for improving the site and improving the forum as well as submit bug reports to be reviewed by our support team here.
AncientMemories

Automated message for missed phases

#1 Post by AncientMemories » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:15 pm

Seems like it always says "GameMaster: Game was extended due to at least 1 member failing to enter orders and having an excused missed turn available. This has un-readied all orders." even when the person missing a turn does not in fact have an excused missed turn and is now in CD.

At least, that's been my experience in the gunboat live games i've been in, which (predictably) have a number of NMRs and CDs per game.

Maybe this is a minor quibble, but it seems strange to specify when you could just leave the first sentence "...at failing to enter order." if you don't want to have to handle two different messages.

AncientMemories

Re: Automated message for missed phases

#2 Post by AncientMemories » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:18 pm

Also, although unrelated, it's curious the forum says I joined May 9th, I've been here for a good while longer than that (23rd Jan 2011 according to my profile). I was inactive for a few years though, so maybe it reset my profile in the forum in the meanwhile?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Automated message for missed phases

#3 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:37 am

AncientMemories wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:18 pm
Also, although unrelated, it's curious the forum says I joined May 9th, I've been here for a good while longer than that (23rd Jan 2011 according to my profile). I was inactive for a few years though, so maybe it reset my profile in the forum in the meanwhile?
We got a new forum while you were gone. The May 9th date is the first time you viewed the new forum.