Slightly annoyed

Members can make suggestions for improving the site and improving the forum as well as submit bug reports to be reviewed by our support team here.
Durga

Slightly annoyed

#1 Post by Durga » Tue May 28, 2019 2:04 am

I'm a little annoyed about the new RR. Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet but I unfortunately nmr'd twice this weekend because I was at a f2f diplomacy tournament. I don't think it was a back to back nmr, but I was forced into CD and my RR has gone down from 99% to 86%. Now I don't really think 86% percent is an accurate reflection of my reliability. Is it going to be easy to bring this back up? Pls advise.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Slightly annoyed

#2 Post by Squigs44 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:15 am

Durga wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:04 am
I'm a little annoyed about the new RR. Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet but I unfortunately nmr'd twice this weekend because I was at a f2f diplomacy tournament. I don't think it was a back to back nmr, but I was forced into CD and my RR has gone down from 99% to 86%. Now I don't really think 86% percent is an accurate reflection of my reliability. Is it going to be easy to bring this back up? Pls advise.
The major shift with RR here is that it has a larger recency bias.
In 28 days if you don't have any more unexcused NMR's then you will automatically gain *I think* 6% back, so you will be back above 90%. And in a year, that penalty you took will be gone. Unexcused NMR's hurt a lot more than excused NMR's.

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

Re: Slightly annoyed

#3 Post by jmo1121109 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:17 am

Right now your breakdown (available from your profile page for you and mods) shows your base percentage has dropped about 3.5%

Yearly Turns: 58
Yearly Missed Turns: 2
Base Percentage (100* (1 - Missed Turns/Yearly Turns)): 96.551724137931%

That will go back up as you play more turns.

Added Penalties:
Yearly Unexcused Missed Turns: 1 for a penalty of 5%
Recent Unexcused Missed Turns: 1 for a penalty of 6%

The Recent penalty goes away after 28 days, the 5% goes away after a year. We have a standing policy of being willing to pause games for people participating in a f2f tournament so a quick email can prevent nmr's for that scenario too.

As for being forced into CD. If you have excused missed turns and miss a turn, the phase resets, if you don't you're kicked into CD. In your case you missed 1 turn excused, and missed another without excuses so you went CD.

At a glance the system is doing what it's designed to do.