Joining game--missed turn immediately

Members can make suggestions for improving the site and improving the forum as well as submit bug reports to be reviewed by our support team here.
FlaviusAetius

Joining game--missed turn immediately

#1 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun May 26, 2019 11:28 pm

So I just joined an ancient Mediterranean game, with 18 seconds until the next turn.
I was under the impression the phase would be extended, especially if it was a live game.
This did not happen, and immediately when I joined the game, it said I had a missed turn, even though I didn't.

SpaceDip

Re: Joining game--missed turn immediately

#2 Post by SpaceDip » Mon May 27, 2019 12:21 am

They were just testing your reflexes.
I guess you didn't pass the test.

Claesar

Re: Joining game--missed turn immediately

#3 Post by Claesar » Mon May 27, 2019 8:08 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:28 pm
So I just joined an ancient Mediterranean game, with 18 seconds until the next turn.
I was under the impression the phase would be extended, especially if it was a live game.
This did not happen, and immediately when I joined the game, it said I had a missed turn, even though I didn't.
Well, it's not a bug. The phase is reset when the previous player drops out, not when a new player joins. That's the way it's designed, and there are some good arguments in favour.

That said, we'll discuss this with the team. It indeed may not be the best system for live games.

Magnetic says he dealt with this issue privately already, so I'll lock the thread.