Notices

Members can make suggestions for improving the site and improving the forum as well as submit bug reports to be reviewed by our support team here.
RoganJosh
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

Notices

#1 Post by RoganJosh » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:49 pm

Not sure if this is really a bug, but now that we have the "disable notices" button..

I've been annoyed before that once you're eliminated from a game you stop getting notices from that game. This still seems to be the case. I tried disabling and then enabling notices for the ongoing game I was eliminated from, but I still don't get notices from that game. Is that possible to change?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Notices

#2 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:47 pm

The notices are intended to be for games that still require your attention, so it is intentional. I'm sure that it could be done so that you receive notices even after you are defeated, but I'm not sure that doing so would be the best use for that section.

RoganJosh
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

#3 Post by RoganJosh » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:00 am

It's good that these are the standard settings, yes, but since the option "disable/enable notices" is there for games that I'm playing, why not give the option also for games where I was eliminated? At least, it is a little weird that there is a "disable/enable notices"-button also for games where I was eliminated, but it doesn't do anything.

I get notices from games I spectate, right? But it's not possible to get notices from a game I was eliminated from.

That said, I also understand if this would be lowest priority...

purevital

#4 Post by purevital » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:27 am

I have the opposite, I keep getting the "new message" icon for a game was eliminated in even though I have notices disabled.

BobMcBob

#5 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:16 am

purevital wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:27 am
I have the opposite, I keep getting the "new message" icon for a game was eliminated in even though I have notices disabled.
That one is the real problem. For example, if you got eliminated from a public press chaos game ;) , the game pops up in your games bar every time a new message comes along (which is very regularly), and if you're like me, you have to clear it every single time.

purevital

#6 Post by purevital » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:54 pm

Yep, and it's always people begging for a draw which I have a little chuckle about :)