Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

Find the tournament calendar, sign up for tournaments, track tournament results, and fill out the tournament director questionnaire here.
Message
Author
goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 611

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#161 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:04 am

Djantani has 3/4 of a European team as well, I believe, but has given up on finding a suitable matched FP player.

But unless people comment in the thread or discord, I don't know who's interested in joining. And I generally prefer to be hands off in direct recruiting for this tourney. Let teams and their identity form naturally

Durga
Posts: 7138
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 1511

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#162 Post by Durga » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:35 am

I visited Europe a few times

cdngooner
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:52 pm
Karma: 84

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#163 Post by cdngooner » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:52 pm

Durga, no! Canada needs you!!

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 611

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#164 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:15 pm

Hi everyone,

Signups are now closed. The tournament site has been updated with the Groupings for Group A and B.

As for the format of the tournament, the top 3 teams from each group will move on to the Final Round, along with the best 4th place team. Please familiarize yourself once again with the scoring.

Team Captains should be given links to games shortly. These will be links to both full press games, public press, and Gunboat 1. The rosters for these games will be publicly known, making the games semi-anon. Squigs will be reaching separately out every week or so to launch 1v1 games. I will launch gunboat 2 in January.
8

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 611

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#165 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:23 pm

Also, if there are any team roster changes needed, please let me know immediately via PM ON SITE (not discord).

Group A Teams
Prosecco (Italy)
gimix (Captain)
Riccardo Falconi
Babbo Natale
Superwerty
Randaz20

Democracy Sausages (Brisbane)
Macca573
The Ambassador
RobMcRob (Captain)
kaner406
John Smith (Sub)

Cheesesteaks (Northeast USA)
liamd101
lfischl
mschwartz (Captain)
pyxxy
benl324

Ain't No SC Not Edible (if friend) (Southeast USA)
bonatogether
swordsman3003
The Czech
e.m.c^42 (Captain)

God Save The Team (Great Britain2)
Lady Razor
Talby2
tobieee911
Brinbino (Captain)

Sons of Vlad (Europe)
Merigar
Tanjian
Josef IV
Oculo (Captain)
Shrouded

Greatest Lakes (US)
Tom Bombadil
kgray (Captain)
Yigg
Aurelin
Yoyoyozo
2

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 611

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#166 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:23 pm

Group B Teams

California
Ezio
Ogion
TheFlyingBoat (Captain)
CSteinhardt
1221

The Yorkshire Puddings (Great Britain1)
CaptainMeme (Captain)
Brumark
teccles
Scarabus
Octavious

Eastern Canada
Hamilton Brian (Captain)
cdngooner
Yonni
Peregrine Falcon

Great Lakes
SignificantBullet
wesk
RoganJosh (Captain)
edwardzachary
umbletheheep

Three-Fifths Australia
TestSubjector (Captain)
Coffeeandkeyboards
Fouldingo
quiiet
comraging

Brazil
stefanodangello (Captain)
rdrivera2005
JesusPetry
curupira

"Great Plains"
Benl324
tr1285
ubercacher16 (Captain)
90kicvesb
a fluffy fruit
2

RoganJosh
Silver Donator
Silver Donator
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:02 am
Location: Stockholm
Karma: 373
Contact:

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#167 Post by RoganJosh » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:01 pm

We're allowed to discuss any games within the group chat of our team, right? Even the gunboat games?

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 611

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#168 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:17 pm

RoganJosh wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:01 pm
We're allowed to discuss any games within the group chat of our team, right? Even the gunboat games?
Correct. Its widely expected that you do.
2

Ezio
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:54 am
Karma: 161

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#169 Post by Ezio » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:26 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:23 pm
Group B Teams

California
Ezio
Ogion
TheFlyingBoat (Captain)
CSteinhardt
1221

The Yorkshire Puddings (Great Britain1)
CaptainMeme (Captain)
Brumark
teccles
Scarabus
Octavious

Eastern Canada
Hamilton Brian (Captain)
cdngooner
Yonni
Peregrine Falcon

Great Lakes
SignificantBullet
wesk
RoganJosh (Captain)
edwardzachary
umbletheheep

Three-Fifths Australia
TestSubjector (Captain)
Coffeeandkeyboards
Fouldingo
quiiet
comraging

Brazil
stefanodangello (Captain)
rdrivera2005
JesusPetry
curupira

"Great Plains"
Benl324
tr1285
ubercacher16 (Captain)
90kicvesb
a fluffy fruit
Is each team sorted at all, or is the order inside each team random?

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 611

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#170 Post by goldfinger0303 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:39 am

Ezio wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:26 pm

Is each team sorted at all, or is the order inside each team random?
This is just the roster. They tend to be ordered FP, FP, PP, GB, Sub. I'll be making the game lists on the tournament site once the games are in.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 611

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#171 Post by goldfinger0303 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:49 pm

Thoughts to spectators - would adding the 1v1 links to the on-site tournament page clutter things too much? I'll be including them on the off-site page regardless.

jmo1121109
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1054
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:20 pm
Karma: 2781
Contact:

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#172 Post by jmo1121109 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:36 am

Let's add them, since it has enhanced tools for mods and TD's to keep track of games that are stuck/paused etc all in one clean spot.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 611

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#173 Post by goldfinger0303 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:45 am

I just worry about people sorting through 84 1v1s to find the 10 games that really matter, points-wise.

gimix
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:56 am
Karma: 162

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#174 Post by gimix » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:48 am

Can't they just filter the games for variant = Classic?
2

RoganJosh
Silver Donator
Silver Donator
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:02 am
Location: Stockholm
Karma: 373
Contact:

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#175 Post by RoganJosh » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:30 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:34 pm
Players are additionally rewarded one point for any SC they control at the game's end (excluding 1v1s; any win has an SC count of 18). Gunboats are rewarded with half of the point amounts as standard and public press games. Teams will play 3 1v1 games as France and 3 1v1 games as Austria. To ensure a fair and fun tournament for all, teams will be prohibited from having members control the same country more than two times. If this happens, all of the games will be shuffled via RNG. To facilitate this, all games will be started at the same time. The second gunboat game will start at a delay to the other games, and as such will be shuffled alone if this rule is broken.
Does To ensure a fair and fun tournament for all, teams will be prohibited from having members control the same country more than two times. apply to the 1v1 games?

Q: Can one player play all the 1v1's?

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 611

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#176 Post by goldfinger0303 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:48 pm

gimix wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:48 am
Can't they just filter the games for variant = Classic?
I have no idea what the page looks like from a non-mod perspective

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 611

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#177 Post by goldfinger0303 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:51 pm

RoganJosh wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:30 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:34 pm
Players are additionally rewarded one point for any SC they control at the game's end (excluding 1v1s; any win has an SC count of 18). Gunboats are rewarded with half of the point amounts as standard and public press games. Teams will play 3 1v1 games as France and 3 1v1 games as Austria. To ensure a fair and fun tournament for all, teams will be prohibited from having members control the same country more than two times. If this happens, all of the games will be shuffled via RNG. To facilitate this, all games will be started at the same time. The second gunboat game will start at a delay to the other games, and as such will be shuffled alone if this rule is broken.
Does To ensure a fair and fun tournament for all, teams will be prohibited from having members control the same country more than two times. apply to the 1v1 games?

Q: Can one player play all the 1v1's?
No, it obviously doesn't apply to 1v1s. In the PMs I sent out to captains I specified which country they should be playing in 1v1. If they are not assigned that country when the game starts, they should ping me.

So long as they are on your team roster, they can play as many of the 1v1s as you want them to.

Speaking of rosters, I forgot to mention Deeply_Dippy is a member of GB1 as a sub. Was buried in a PM from before the weekend
1

Claesar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1872
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 am
Karma: 1361

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#178 Post by Claesar » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:31 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:51 pm
...
Speaking of rosters, I forgot to mention Deeply_Dippy is a member of GB1 as a sub. Was buried in a PM from before the weekend
Instead of Octavious

captainmeme
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:06 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Karma: 418

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#179 Post by captainmeme » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:51 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:51 pm
Speaking of rosters, I forgot to mention Deeply_Dippy is a member of GB1 as a sub. Was buried in a PM from before the weekend
Desdemona22 is our player, not Deeply_Dippy; I think Deeply_Dippy was applying for refugee status in GB2.
3

Brinbino
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu May 28, 2020 10:09 pm
Karma: 11

Re: Announcing the 2021 WebDip World Cup!

#180 Post by Brinbino » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:19 pm

Deeply_Dippy's asylum was granted and they have found safe harbour with GB2
6

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest