World Cup 2018 Signups!

Find the tournament calendar, sign up for tournaments, track tournament results, and fill out the tournament director questionnaire here.
Message
Author
goldfinger0303
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 61

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#41 Post by goldfinger0303 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:05 am

They can always change what they send me :-D

For those new to the tournament, we had some problems last time around with certain people taking some extra measures to find out everyone's identities in these anon games. To make this harder for those certain people, I've opted to not officially disclose what everyone's role assignments are when I announce the teams.

Also, feel free to utilize the WebDip player map to find some players from your area!

chluke
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:10 am
Karma: 3

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#42 Post by chluke » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:35 am

Gold, just a thought, but maybe you shouldn't even post the team members until after the round completes? So, for example, you just post that Cascadia, with average GR or YR of 546?, is playing California, with average GR/YR of X. Thus would really foil the creepers. And as TD, you can make sure that all teams are properly filled, with no player on more than one team.

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:05 am
They can always change what they send me :-D

For those new to the tournament, we had some problems last time around with certain people taking some extra measures to find out everyone's identities in these anon games. To make this harder for those certain people, I've opted to not officially disclose what everyone's role assignments are when I announce the teams.

Also, feel free to utilize the WebDip player map to find some players from your area!

Durga
Posts: 767
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 157

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#43 Post by Durga » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:43 am

That's what I told Gold to do as well =/

ghug
Admin
Admin
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 283

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#44 Post by ghug » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:52 am

Even posting averages would probably be unwise at that point.

goldfinger0303
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 61

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#45 Post by goldfinger0303 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:12 am

chluke wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:35 am
Gold, just a thought, but maybe you shouldn't even post the team members until after the round completes? So, for example, you just post that Cascadia, with average GR or YR of 546?, is playing California, with average GR/YR of X. Thus would really foil the creepers. And as TD, you can make sure that all teams are properly filled, with no player on more than one team.

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:05 am
They can always change what they send me :-D

For those new to the tournament, we had some problems last time around with certain people taking some extra measures to find out everyone's identities in these anon games. To make this harder for those certain people, I've opted to not officially disclose what everyone's role assignments are when I announce the teams.

Also, feel free to utilize the WebDip player map to find some players from your area!
That would make it too hard for everyday players to organize themselves into teams, as it by nature also excludes advertising yourself on the forum. Like ghug said, at what point do you stop? This a fun tournament. Probably the most enjoyable one I've played in during my time on the site. I don't want to sour that atmosphere by putting all teams into the shadows. The whole point is regional rivalries and acting like a real international tournament. You lose that if people can't even say what team they're on. I've done what I can to make quality improvements from the last tournament, where I was perhaps too loose. But the scope of the problem wasn't serious enough to implement anything more drastic than I already have.

chluke
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:10 am
Karma: 3

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#46 Post by chluke » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:30 am

Ok. Good points. Thanks for taking the time to run the tourney, Gold.

brainbomb
Posts: 1568
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Karma: 187
Contact:

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#47 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:48 am

thamrick wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:38 am
Okay. Midwesterners, rally to me!

Captain: thamrick
Vice:
FullPress (x2):
Public Press:
Gunboat:
Sub(s):

*Note - I'm happy to captain, but if someone more capable wants to take over, that's fine with me.

I mean. I am midwest but thatd put me over 500.

Last years midwest team was dargorygel kansas, zybodia missouri, genghiz missouri and teacon7 from minn. I think zaza is from north dakota too.

And then the yaniks and pradobear have some weird sooner nation team

Ursa
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:30 pm

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#48 Post by Ursa » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:58 am

@Cleasar: I'd like to join the Netherlands team.

I'd rather not be the captain or anything, but I can fulfill any role.

VillageIdiot
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:55 am
Karma: 35

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#49 Post by VillageIdiot » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:17 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:12 am
I've done what I can to make quality improvements from the last tournament, where I was perhaps too loose. But the scope of the problem wasn't serious enough to implement anything more drastic than I already have.
What are the improvements/changes for this one?

Wusti
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:12 pm
Karma: 5

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#50 Post by Wusti » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:00 am

Is there an Aussie team yet?

irelandball
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:01 am

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#51 Post by irelandball » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:16 am

I'm in if you all will allow me. I'll fill any position needed. I'm in the pnw of America. I have Baltic and English/Scottish heritage

josemurc
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:14 am

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#52 Post by josemurc » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:17 am

Spanish/Latin Team!
Looking for gamers talking in spanish.
1.Josemurc (rank 9)

yavuzovic
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Heaven
Karma: 42
Contact:

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#53 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:09 am

Is there a Eastern Europe team?

PRINCE WILLIAM
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:17 am
Karma: 9

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#54 Post by PRINCE WILLIAM » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:39 am

I am also from East. we should make one team!

yavuzovic
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Heaven
Karma: 42
Contact:

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#55 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:42 pm

Good, we need two more.

irelandball
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:01 am

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#56 Post by irelandball » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:17 pm

CAPT Brad wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:23 am
We need a West Coast team
I would join

goldfinger0303
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 61

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#57 Post by goldfinger0303 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:48 pm

VillageIdiot wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:17 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:12 am
I've done what I can to make quality improvements from the last tournament, where I was perhaps too loose. But the scope of the problem wasn't serious enough to implement anything more drastic than I already have.
What are the improvements/changes for this one?
Well there are several changes
  • Player roles are not being announced prior to tournament start. You will know what teams you'll be facing, but not which players
  • Teams can swap roles between the first and second rounds
  • Teams are guaranteed they will not be given the same country more than twice. I believe Oklahoma or some team last time got 3-4 Austria's
  • Pause policy has been updated to reflect what's now standard
  • NMR policy has been updated to be more precise on how much leeway you have before you're replaced
  • Metagaming policy updated to spell out more precisely what is and is not allowed, as well as how reported metagaming will be handled.
  • I will be putting less "personal touches" on how I handle the tournament, after complaints from last time.

goldfinger0303
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 61

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#58 Post by goldfinger0303 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:28 pm

We have our second team. Welcome Team British Empire!

Chrism
Drifthunter
Friendly Sword
hoppsywins

As a reminder, once you have your team, just send me a PM with your team members and role assignments!

Friendly Sword
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:05 pm
Location: Toronto
Karma: 4

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#59 Post by Friendly Sword » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:42 pm

Woot woot!

ckroberts
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:27 am
Location: Eufaula, AL
Karma: 4

Re: World Cup 2018 Signups!

#60 Post by ckroberts » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:47 pm

I will captain a team from the American South. I live in Eufaula, Alabama. We can be team gulf coast, team SEC, or whatever. I think I am close enough to qualify as east coast; I work in Georgia, at least. I am mediocre at best at public press and downright bad at gunboat, though.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Magnetic24, mdrltc, tatertrotts and 1 guest