ODC 2019 Tournament Start

Find the tournament calendar, sign up for tournaments, track tournament results, and fill out the tournament director questionnaire here.
Message
Author
Squigs44
Developer
Developer
Posts: 2999
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 pm
Location: America
Karma: 1021

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#181 Post by Squigs44 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:58 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:35 pm
Wait why did I only score 6 points?
I finished with 5 SC's.
That's 14.7% of the 34 available SC's.
The rules say scores in a draw are based on the proportion of SC's held.
Why didn't I score 14 or 15 points?
This is sum of squares not PPSC. You square your SCs, your opponents square their SCs, sum all of the squares, then take your square and divide it by the sum of squares.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer
Posts: 2999
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 pm
Location: America
Karma: 1021

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#182 Post by Squigs44 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:35 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:58 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:35 pm
Wait why did I only score 6 points?
I finished with 5 SC's.
That's 14.7% of the 34 available SC's.
The rules say scores in a draw are based on the proportion of SC's held.
Why didn't I score 14 or 15 points?
This is sum of squares not PPSC. You square your SCs, your opponents square their SCs, sum all of the squares, then take your square and divide it by the sum of squares.
For example, in your game, the finishing SCs were 17, 10, 5, 2. So the sum of squares is 289 + 100 + 25 + 4 = 418.
25 / 418 = 5.98%.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 6882
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 2096
Contact:

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#183 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 16, 2019 4:51 pm

Huh.

Claesar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1376
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 am
Karma: 883

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#184 Post by Claesar » Thu May 16, 2019 5:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:51 pm
Huh.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

You can use this calculator to check your score. There's also an explanation in the tournament rules which you were required to read when you signed up.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 6882
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 2096
Contact:

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#185 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 16, 2019 6:29 pm

Claesar wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:00 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:51 pm
Huh.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

You can use this calculator to check your score. There's also an explanation in the tournament rules which you were required to read when you signed up.
I read it, it just didn't make much sense.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 6882
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 2096
Contact:

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#186 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 16, 2019 6:29 pm

Squiggles did a better job of explaining.

Seems a pointlessly math-heavy scoring system though.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer
Posts: 2999
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 pm
Location: America
Karma: 1021

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#187 Post by Squigs44 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:03 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:29 pm
Squiggles did a better job of explaining.

Seems a pointlessly math-heavy scoring system though.
You've played in 21 sum of squares scoring games on the site. You should know what sum of squares is and why it is used.
6

The Belgian Bulldog
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:33 am
Karma: 76

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#188 Post by The Belgian Bulldog » Fri May 17, 2019 9:03 am

New game finished G6 and a first two way draw! Perhaps there was a possibility for both winners to solo here? Anyhow, MakTub and Aurelia enter the top 28 at 20 and 21 with each 50 point, and only/still 10 games left. If Josafina's prediction is correct (which was, however, based on the absence of bizarre two way draws), they would go to the next round:
Josafina wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:10 am
I did some quick calculations - so not exactly "correct". But, I did find that above 80 as of the last update guarantees a spot in the next round. For that scenario to happen several bizarre two way draws would have to take place between specific players - so improbable at best.

If I were a bookie I would put the over/under at 44 points.
List updated:
  1. Chluke - 200 (solo in A10) (solo in A10)[/i
  2. diplomat554 – 135.4 (100+35.4) (solo in A07)
  3. ChippeRock - 133.7 (100+33.7) (solo in A08)
  4. Mr Green – 100 (solo in A08)
  5. Vom Kriege – 100 (solo in A10)
  6. VillageIdiot – 100 (0+100) (solo in A08)
    Balki Bartokomous - 100 (0+100) (solo in A08)
  7. woland - 100 (0+100) (solo in A10)
  8. Ogion – 82.1 (32.7+49.4)
  9. Johnny Big Horse – 81.2 (43.9+37.3)
  10. Josafina - 77.4 (42.0+35.4)
  11. Seichuto - 72.3 (72.3+0)
  12. Chesney - 69.1 (69.1+0)
  13. MoscowFleet - 64.7 (64.7+0)
  14. swordsman3003 – 63.1
  15. Napoleon of Oz – 59.8 (43.9+15.9)
  16. DarthWader - 59.9 (49.4+10.5)
  17. SimonMH - 58.5 (0+58.5)
  18. osric_athanasius – 50.4 (50.4+0)
  19. MakTub – 50
  20. Aurelia – 50 (50+0)
  21. The Belgian Bulldog – 49.2
  22. Senlac - 44.7 (2.7+42)
  23. Miguel1612 – 42.9
  24. DavidMaletsky - 41.8 (10.5+31.3)
  25. Pjsticha – 41.2 (36.5+4.7)
  26. Claesar - 40 (0.3+39.7)
  27. Fluffy Freddo – 36.4 (36.4+0)
    user1981 – 36.4 (36.4+0)
  28. Tugster – 32.7
  29. Pootleflump - 31.3 (0+31.3)
  30. 0k0k0 – 30.4
  31. Mercy - 29.8 (0+29.8)
  32. hedge_trimmer - 29.8 (0+29.8)
  33. devbali02 – 26.5
  34. Brumark - 25
  35. gjdip – 24.6
  36. Puddle – 24.4
  37. micha - 23.9 (23.9+0)
  38. The SHIV – 20.6 (20.6+0)
  39. Skidmarks – 20.4
  40. willie23 - 19.2 (0.3+18.9)
  41. Maximus c23 - 18.4
  42. Tom Bombadil - 14.1 (14.1+0)
  43. Temasek22 – 12.1 (12.1+0)
  44. Nephthys - 9.2 (0+9.2)
  45. Javatiger - 8.4 (0+8.4)
  46. jollycream – 8.2
  47. Jamiet99uk - 6 (0+6)
  48. stranger – 5.6
  49. Deeply_Dippy – 5.6
  50. OB_Gyn_Kinobi - 4.7
  51. Pudge - 4.7 (0+4.7)
  52. robodirge - 2.6
  53. josemurc - 2.1 (0+2.1)
  54. damo666 - 1.8 (0+1.8)
  55. Ayreon - 1.5 (0+1.5)
  56. Hazcam950 - 1
  57. rannjohnson - 1 (1+0)
  58. Friendly Sword - 0.3
  59. Creigh – 0.2 (0.2+0)
  60. 398players - 0 with 1 game finished
  61. 25 players - 0 with 2 games finished


Still ongoing in Round 1:
(1): G8, G10
(2): G20, G23, G28, G31, G33, G34, G36, G37

Stats:
9 x solo
1 x 2wd
7 x 3wd
2 x 4wd
2 x 5wd
2 x 7wd

Your loyal servant,
The Belgian Bulldog
1

The Belgian Bulldog
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:33 am
Karma: 76

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#189 Post by The Belgian Bulldog » Fri May 17, 2019 9:04 am

The Belgian Bulldog wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:03 am
New game finished G6 and a first two way draw! Perhaps there was a possibility for both winners to solo here? Anyhow, MakTub and Aurelia enter the top 28 at 20 and 21 with each 50 points, and only/still 10 games left. If Josafina's prediction is correct (which was, however, based on the absence of bizarre two way draws), they would go to the next round:
Josafina wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:10 am
I did some quick calculations - so not exactly "correct". But, I did find that above 80 as of the last update guarantees a spot in the next round. For that scenario to happen several bizarre two way draws would have to take place between specific players - so improbable at best.

If I were a bookie I would put the over/under at 44 points.
List updated:
  1. Chluke - 200 (solo in A10) (solo in A10)[/i
  2. diplomat554 – 135.4 (100+35.4) (solo in A07)
  3. ChippeRock - 133.7 (100+33.7) (solo in A08)
  4. Mr Green – 100 (solo in A08)
  5. Vom Kriege – 100 (solo in A10)
  6. VillageIdiot – 100 (0+100) (solo in A08)
    Balki Bartokomous - 100 (0+100) (solo in A08)
  7. woland - 100 (0+100) (solo in A10)
  8. Ogion – 82.1 (32.7+49.4)
  9. Johnny Big Horse – 81.2 (43.9+37.3)
  10. Josafina - 77.4 (42.0+35.4)
  11. Seichuto - 72.3 (72.3+0)
  12. Chesney - 69.1 (69.1+0)
  13. MoscowFleet - 64.7 (64.7+0)
  14. swordsman3003 – 63.1
  15. Napoleon of Oz – 59.8 (43.9+15.9)
  16. DarthWader - 59.9 (49.4+10.5)
  17. SimonMH - 58.5 (0+58.5)
  18. osric_athanasius – 50.4 (50.4+0)
  19. MakTub – 50
  20. Aurelia – 50 (50+0)
  21. The Belgian Bulldog – 49.2
  22. Senlac - 44.7 (2.7+42)
  23. Miguel1612 – 42.9
  24. DavidMaletsky - 41.8 (10.5+31.3)
  25. Pjsticha – 41.2 (36.5+4.7)
  26. Claesar - 40 (0.3+39.7)
  27. Fluffy Freddo – 36.4 (36.4+0)
    user1981 – 36.4 (36.4+0)
  28. Tugster – 32.7
  29. Pootleflump - 31.3 (0+31.3)
  30. 0k0k0 – 30.4
  31. Mercy - 29.8 (0+29.8)
  32. hedge_trimmer - 29.8 (0+29.8)
  33. devbali02 – 26.5
  34. Brumark - 25
  35. gjdip – 24.6
  36. Puddle – 24.4
  37. micha - 23.9 (23.9+0)
  38. The SHIV – 20.6 (20.6+0)
  39. Skidmarks – 20.4
  40. willie23 - 19.2 (0.3+18.9)
  41. Maximus c23 - 18.4
  42. Tom Bombadil - 14.1 (14.1+0)
  43. Temasek22 – 12.1 (12.1+0)
  44. Nephthys - 9.2 (0+9.2)
  45. Javatiger - 8.4 (0+8.4)
  46. jollycream – 8.2
  47. Jamiet99uk - 6 (0+6)
  48. stranger – 5.6
  49. Deeply_Dippy – 5.6
  50. OB_Gyn_Kinobi - 4.7
  51. Pudge - 4.7 (0+4.7)
  52. robodirge - 2.6
  53. josemurc - 2.1 (0+2.1)
  54. damo666 - 1.8 (0+1.8)
  55. Ayreon - 1.5 (0+1.5)
  56. Hazcam950 - 1
  57. rannjohnson - 1 (1+0)
  58. Friendly Sword - 0.3
  59. Creigh – 0.2 (0.2+0)
  60. 398players - 0 with 1 game finished
  61. 25 players - 0 with 2 games finished


Still ongoing in Round 1:
(1): G8, G10
(2): G20, G23, G28, G31, G33, G34, G36, G37

Stats:
9 x solo
1 x 2wd
7 x 3wd
2 x 4wd
2 x 5wd
2 x 7wd

Your loyal servant,
The Belgian Bulldog
1

SimonMH
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:15 am
Karma: 8

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#190 Post by SimonMH » Fri May 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Just a small correction: it looks as though Napoleon of Oz, who is listed as 15th, which is actually 16th, should, in fact, be 16th, which is actually 17th, whereas DarthWader, who is listed as 16th, which is actually 17th, should, in fact be 15th, which is actually 16th.

I hope that's clear.
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 6882
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 2096
Contact:

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#191 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 17, 2019 3:32 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:03 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:29 pm
Squiggles did a better job of explaining.

Seems a pointlessly math-heavy scoring system though.
You've played in 21 sum of squares scoring games on the site. You should know what sum of squares is and why it is used.
I join games because I like to play Diplomacy. I care little about points. Wins, draws, losses - those are interesting. Points, less so.

Durga
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 956

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#192 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 4:44 pm

I need a substitute player for a good position. Message me privately if you're interested

Durga
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 956

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#193 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 11:02 pm

Someone PLS!!!

VillageIdiot
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:55 am
Karma: 421

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#194 Post by VillageIdiot » Sat May 18, 2019 5:44 am

Thought you had a list of subs?

The Belgian Bulldog
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:33 am
Karma: 76

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#195 Post by The Belgian Bulldog » Sat May 18, 2019 12:51 pm

Happy to announce that:
1. Another game has finished, G33, this time with yours truly involved. Unfortunately, a careful attempt to solo was stopped but still happy that I (normally) secured a spot in the next round.
2. The issue involving Darthwader and Napoleon of Oz :
SimonMH wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:38 pm
Just a small correction: it looks as though Napoleon of Oz, who is listed as 15th, which is actually 16th, should, in fact, be 16th, which is actually 17th, whereas DarthWader, who is listed as 16th, which is actually 17th, should, in fact be 15th, which is actually 16th.
I hope that's clear.
was succesfully solved. It was difficult, but after several days, I was able come up with the solution : swap their places!
3. A new feature was added to enhance the readability of the list : a dotted line between the 28th and 29th spot, i.e. between securing a spot in the next round or not. Hopefully, this will solve the issue of having to add a number in view of the tie between Balki and VI.
  1. Chluke - 200 (solo in A10) (solo in A10)
  2. diplomat554 – 135.4 (100+35.4) (solo in A07)
  3. ChippeRock - 133.7 (100+33.7) (solo in A08)
  4. The Belgian Bulldog – 122.2 (49.2+73)
  5. Mr Green – 100 (solo in A08)
  6. Vom Kriege – 100 (solo in A10)
  7. VillageIdiot – 100 (0+100) (solo in A08)
    Balki Bartokomous - 100 (0+100) (solo in A08)
  8. woland - 100 (0+100) (solo in A10)
  9. Ogion – 82.1 (32.7+49.4)
  10. Johnny Big Horse – 81.2 (43.9+37.3)
  11. Josafina - 77.4 (42.0+35.4)
  12. Seichuto - 72.3 (72.3+0)
  13. Chesney - 69.1 (69.1+0)
  14. MoscowFleet - 64.7 (64.7+0)
  15. swordsman3003 – 63.1
  16. DarthWader - 59.9 (49.4+10.5)
  17. Napoleon of Oz – 59.8 (43.9+15.9)
  18. SimonMH - 58.5 (0+58.5)
  19. osric_athanasius – 50.4 (50.4+0)
  20. MakTub – 50
  21. Aurelia – 50 (50+0)
  22. Senlac - 44.7 (2.7+42)
  23. Miguel1612 – 42.9
  24. DavidMaletsky - 41.8 (10.5+31.3)
  25. Pjsticha – 41.2 (36.5+4.7)
  26. Claesar - 40 (0.3+39.7)
  27. Fluffy Freddo – 36.4 (36.4+0)
    ----------------------------------------------
    user1981 – 36.4 (36.4+0)
  28. Tugster – 32.7
  29. Pootleflump - 31.3 (0+31.3)
  30. 0k0k0 – 30.4
  31. Mercy - 29.8 (0+29.8)
  32. hedge_trimmer - 29.8 (0+29.8)
  33. devbali02 – 26.5
  34. Brumark - 25
  35. gjdip – 24.6
  36. Puddle – 24.4
  37. micha - 23.9 (23.9+0)
  38. The SHIV – 20.6 (20.6+0)
  39. Skidmarks – 20.4
  40. willie23 - 19.2 (0.3+18.9)
  41. Maximus c23 - 18.4
  42. Tom Bombadil - 14.1 (14.1+0)
  43. rdrivera2005 – 12.4 (0+12.4)
  44. guymischlewski – 12.4 (0+12.4)
  45. Temasek22 – 12.1 (12.1+0)
  46. Nephthys - 9.2 (0+9.2)
  47. Javatiger - 8.4 (0+8.4)
  48. jollycream – 8.2
  49. Jamiet99uk - 6 (0+6)
  50. stranger – 5.6 (5.6+0)
  51. Deeply_Dippy – 5.6
  52. OB_Gyn_Kinobi - 4.7
  53. Pudge - 4.7 (0+4.7)
  54. robodirge - 2.6
  55. Friendly Sword – 2.6 (0.3+2.3)
  56. josemurc - 2.1 (0+2.1)
  57. damo666 - 1.8 (0+1.8)
  58. Ayreon - 1.5 (0+1.5)
  59. Hazcam950 - 1
  60. rannjohnson - 1 (1+0)
  61. Creigh – 0.2 (0.2+0)
  62. 38players - 0 with 1 game finished
  63. 26 players - 0 with 2 games finished
Ongoing in Round 1:
(1): G8, G10
(2): G20, G23, G28, G31, G34, G36, G37

Stats:
9 x solo
1 x 2wd
7 x 3wd
3 x 4wd
2 x 5wd
2 x 7wd
7

VillageIdiot
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:55 am
Karma: 421

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#196 Post by VillageIdiot » Sat May 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Awesome job with the list!

Probably pushing my luck, but any chance we could indicate what sites players are representing? Always fun to see in this one where the frontrunners are coming from. I’m far too lazy to do it myself and can’t remember where the master list is anyways.

Durga
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 956

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#197 Post by Durga » Sat May 18, 2019 4:51 pm

Got a sub! Thanks all for volunteering, I'll keep you guys in mind when the next asshole drops out.
3

The Belgian Bulldog
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:33 am
Karma: 76

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#198 Post by The Belgian Bulldog » Sat May 18, 2019 6:44 pm

VillageIdiot wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:26 pm
Awesome job with the list!

Probably pushing my luck, but any chance we could indicate what sites players are representing? Always fun to see in this one where the frontrunners are coming from. I’m far too lazy to do it myself and can’t remember where the master list is anyways.
You are indeed pushing your luck, but here it is nonetheless for everyone at or above 40 points presently:
  1. Chluke - Webdiplomacy
  2. diplomat554 – Reddit
  3. ChippeRock - Webdiplomacy
  4. The Belgian Bulldog – Face-to-face
  5. Mr Green – Webdiplomacy
  6. Vom Kriege – Webdiplomacy
  7. VillageIdiot – Webdiplomacy
    Balki Bartokomous - Webdiplomacy
  8. woland - Face-to-face
  9. Ogion – Webdiplomacy
  10. Johnny Big Horse – Webdiplomacy
  11. Josafina - Webdiplomacy
  12. Seichuto - Face-to-face
  13. Chesney - Webdiplomacy
  14. MoscowFleet - Webdiplomacy
  15. swordsman3003 – Webdiplomacy
  16. DarthWader - Playdiplomacy
  17. Napoleon of Oz – Webdiplomacy
  18. SimonMH - Playdiplomacy
  19. osric_athanasius – Webdiplomacy
  20. MakTub – Webdiplomacy
  21. Aurelia – Webdiplomacy
  22. Senlac - Webdiplomacy
  23. Miguel1612 – Webdiplomacy
  24. DavidMaletsky - Face-to-face
  25. Pjsticha – Webdiplomacy
  26. Claesar - Webdiplomacy
6

VillageIdiot
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:55 am
Karma: 421

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#199 Post by VillageIdiot » Sun May 19, 2019 12:06 am

Digging the FTF representation in the semi’s!
2

jmo1121109
Developer
Developer
Posts: 899
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:20 pm
Karma: 2283
Contact:

Re: ODC 2019 Tournament Start

#200 Post by jmo1121109 » Tue May 28, 2019 1:01 am

3

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests